Chimneys are a great way to have your home’s interior warm and inviting all year round. Unfortunately, they pose a serious risk of causing damage over time due to weather exposure. Flashing around chimney is designed as a protective layer that can prevent water from seeping into the structure underneath the chimney, including the ceiling and any electrical wiring. Metal roof flashing around chimney is a simple installation process so you can have your new protection in place in no time at all.
- Flashing around chimney is designed as a protective layer that can prevent water from seeping into the structure underneath your chimney.
- Metal roof flashing around chimney is a simple installation process and relatively inexpensive
Metal Roof Flashing Around Chimney installation process
Chimney flashing is very easily installed by following a few simple steps.
- First, use a putty knife to remove the current metal flashings that are around your chimney.
- Typically it has pre-formed bends so you can just press it into place on the chimney and have it fit right in with no problems.
- Metal roof flashing around chimney can be curved to ensure an exact fit so there are no gaps for water to seep through.
- Finally, simply seal the new metal roof flashing around chimney with caulk or mastic tape so you’ll have complete protection against water damage.
Having a contractor do the installation is best. However, if you’re confident in your skill level and have the time, doing it yourself is an option, but there are downsides to this. Remember, insurance for these sort of endeavors is a huge benefit contractors are required to have.
DIY or Hire An Expert?
Metal roof flashing is relatively inexpensive but hiring a contractor will save you some money by reducing your labor costs while giving you the peace of mind that comes with having a professional installation. Metal roof flashing around chimney was designed to help protect your chimney and prevent water from seeping into your home’s interior structures including electrical wiring which can cause damage and increased fire risk, while also saving you money on energy costs by preventing heat loss through poorly insulated or damaged chimneys.
Hire Golden Hands Roofing Contractor In East Hampton Today!
Metal roof flashing around chimney is a simple installation process so there’s no need to spend hours trying to get it installed yourself when you can have a contractor finish the job for you in just one day! Checkout our google reviews and give Golden Hands a call at (631) 877-8338 or fill out the form below today!